The concept is simple. Find the best match for a student after high school.
A match that challenges a student’s academic potential, meets their personal and career goals, and is affordable!
Using a holistic 360 degree lens, we work to do just that! We listen, offer guidance, counsel, coach, and when needed provide a little nudge.
As parents ourselves, we know students and parents are stretched thin, especially during the junior and senior years of high school. Sports, social activities, dance, academics, theater, and work among other things, place huge demands on time and the household. Far too often college planning gets pushed to the back burner.
Working together we’ll develop, refine, and implement a comprehensive college plan. A plan that focuses on:
- Student’s goals and expectations
- The family’s ability to pay for college
- Creating a broad search, testing the waters and investigating behind the walls
- Ensuring that college hear a student when they say, I’m interested in your school
- How families pay the bill, and how the system works to receive tuition assistance
- Strategies to complete and submit applications, admissions and financial aid
- Deadlines, tasks, and responsibilities
- How to find the right match, academically, emotionally, personally, and financially
- All with calm and peace of mind!
Get College Going connects admissions, financial aid and financing together to find the right match.
We’re proud to be the choice of students and parents close to home, work, and virtually throughout the US.
Who We Are
Coach, Counselor & Nudge
Helping students and families find their educational path after High School
Areas of Expertise
College-Career Planning after High School | Admissions, Financial Aid and Financing Strategies | Managing Education Debt | Parent of four adult college graduates
Tom is the founder and lead counselor at Get College Going. Tom has dedicated over 30 years to working with students, and their parents to match their college-career goals with successful choices and outcomes. Tom has worked with colleges and universities throughout the Northeast and U.S. as a senior consultant for leading enrollment, education, and financial services organizations. He also served as the Director of Enrollment at a private Massachusetts high school.
As a parent of four college graduates, Tom understands first hand the importance following a 360 degree holistic college plan. A plan that has assisted a countless number of students and their families.
Tom is a lead instructor with Pivotal College Years, active in many civic and community organizations, and contributor to national and regional higher education and business associations publications.